You may have wondered why our furniture has peculiar names. I can explain… I have named our furniture from meaningful things/ places / hobbies that are simply purposeful to my life.
So this could be local areas of where I live/lived, schools, names of players of my beloved Southampton FC, favourite films, England cricket players as well as family names, even my own middle name and pets names. Random I know!
I just wanted something that was very relatable to me, but yet still have catchy memorable names.
Here’s a rundown of some;
- VICTORIA Corner Desk- My mums middle name
- MAY Serving board- My Sisters middle name
- JAMES bath caddy- My middle name
- DENMEAD Dining table and bench- the name of the road my Nan and Grandad used to live when I was a little boy!
- KINGSTON– Thick bath caddy- An area where I used to work for a couple of years in my retail manager days!
- ANDERSON Shelves- England fast bowler and my hero, James Anderson!
- MATTHEW Coffee table- Matthew Le Tissier, Southampton FC legend
- MARY Bookcase- St Marys stadium, home of Southampton FC (2nd home pre lockdown)
- NORTHAM Coffee Table- The end of the ground at St Marys you’ll find me, also an area in Southampton.
- GLENFIELD bath caddy- My first school.
- VANGUARD Dining table and Bench- Name of the road that I grew up in.
- BITTERNE Dining table and Bench- Area of Southampton that I grew up in.
- ALFIE Round table- One of my favourite films!
- WILLIAM Side table- This is the name of my Grandad and Dads middle name.
- SAMPLES– Well that’s just a block of samples, obviously.